
Goodbye Summer
As the sun sets on the beach, I wave goodbye to summer- to the warm days, to swimming, to freedom, to sundresses, to long days. Summer is always too short. At one moment, it feels like its just beginning and the next it’s ending. Sure it was fun but it could be just that much better if it lasted another week.

Pumpkin Pie
As a family tradition, I make pumpkin pie for thanksgiving every year. It is my one contribution to the feast that is being prepared. I eat the first slice while watching the old black and white movie, “It’s a Wonderful Life.” The tradition feels so comfortable and never gets old. The movie takes place mostly during the winter holidays, and this puts me in the mood for the season and events to come. My heart warms and tears come to my eyes every time George Bailey says, “I wanna live again!” This one line is my Thanksgiving. It reminds me of all I have to live for, all that I’m thankful for.
Autumn Road
One of my favorite things about fall is what the roads look like. As I’m walking or driving down a road, especially the road I live on, and see the breathtaking foliage I think to myself, “Wow, I am lucky to live in New Hampshire.” I love how the trees hug the road and hang over the sky like a cave. Most people would travel miles and miles to see beauty like this, but I get to see it everyday.
Raindrops on Apples
It may seem like an oxymoron but I love raindrops on apples. The smell of apples and rain are the best smells in the whole world. The smells mixed together are ecstasy. Biting into a crisp, barely wet apple is a piece of heaven. Some people would want an apple that is on a branch with a ray of sunlight, but I want my apple with a few raindrops. Maybe it’s because it seems imperfect or wrong. Maybe it is the fact that it is two aspects of fall mixed together. I don’t completely understand why I love raindrops on apples, but that’s part of the reason why I love them so much.
3 comments:
I like the picture
yeah i like the picture too, it really captures fall well
ps every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings
Post a Comment